Showerbuddy has developed a variety of models to fit numerous restroom layouts. If you wish to use your showerbuddy in a standing shower stall then the original Showerbuddy (SB1) unit should work for you. If you wish to use your showerbuddy in a bath tub then you may choose between a TubBuddy (SB2) or a TubBuddy with tilt function (SB2T). If you already have a roll-in shower (handicap accessible shower) then you can choose the Roll-In Buddy (SB3T), which comes with a handy Tilt function.
In the USA Medicare, unfortunately, does not cover most showering aids including showerbuddy products. However, showerbuddy products may be covered by Medicaid depending on the State in which you reside. ShowerBuddy products may also be covered under some private health insurance policies. Please contact your local dealer should you wish to apply for coverage under the Medicaid waiver program or private health insurance.
Showerbuddy products are designed to fit in most standard restroom areas. Should you have a special requirement, we may be able to custom manufacture a unit to fit your particular dimensions. It is best that you schedule a home assessment/measure with an authorized Showerbuddy dealer to assure that the product will in fact fit your restroom area.
All Showerbuddy products boast a tool-less assembly and come with detailed installation instructions, although the majority of assembly work is already done for you when you unpack the box. You can install the product yourself if you wish, however, we suggest that an authorized Showerbuddy dealer assemble and install the product on your behalf.
Tilt versus recline is an old debate that has reemerged as new products, theory, and clinicians have entered the field of positioning. A brief explanation of each follows: A tilt system provides a change of orientation and thus redistributes pressure from one area (e.g., the buttocks and posterior thighs) to another area (e.g., the posterior trunk and head) and maintains physical angles at the hips, knees, and ankles. Recline systems provide a change in orientation by opening the seat-to-back angle and, in combination with elevating legrests, open the knee angle as well. There are two showerbuddy models which offer the tilt function- TubBuddy with Tilt (SB2T) and Roll-In Buddy with Tilt (SB3T). There are no Showerbuddy units that offer the recline function. Please follow the links for each product in the sidebar for a more detailed description of each unit.
A shower transfer system is a showering aid designed for the elderly or disabled. It assists in transferring the user in and out of the bathroom area without lifting them. Some good examples of transfer systems are the SB1, SB2 and SB2T units. Please visit the individual product pages for a visual explanation of each.
Showerbuddy has created a national network of dealers who distribute and install Showerbuddy products Worldwide. Please fill out this form to find the dealer or representative nearest you.
Showerbuddy Products include a lifetime warranty on the frame!
Plus a 2 Year Limited Warranty:
Showerbuddy warrants our Showerbuddy Transfer Systems and all Showerbuddy products for a lifetime on the frame and structural elements and two years for all other items from the date of purchase by the consumer. The warranty will only become active once the consumer submits the warranty registration card to the company with a copy of the purchase receipt. This warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship on all Showerbuddy products except those listed in the Warranty Exclusions below:
- Product or parts failure from normal wear and tear
- Damage caused by failure to adhere to the User’s Manual
- Damage from improper installation, use or repair
- Seat cushions and arm rests
- The warranty is VOID if the original serial number tag is removed or altered.
- The warranty is VOID if the unit sustains damage from unnatural causes.
- The warranty is VOID if the unit is used to hold more than the weight limit of 350 pounds (160kg).
- The warranty is VOID if the unit has been subjected to neglect, improper maintenance, storage, cleaning or operation as defined in the User’s Manual.
- The warranty is VOID if the unit is modified without Showerbuddy’s written consent.
- This warranty applies to the original purchaser only, from the date of the purchase, provided a registration card has been submitted to the company within 60 days of purchase.
- If your unit requires warranty service, please contact the dealer from which you purchased the Showerbuddy unit.
- If you do not receive satisfactory dealer service, contact Showerbuddy at the address below.
- Do not return the unit to Showerbuddy without first obtaining a Return Authorization Number from Customer Service.
- A defective unit must be shipped to Showerbuddy within 14 days of issuance of a Return Authorization Number by Customer Service.
- Showerbuddy’s sole responsibility is to repair or replace, at our discretion, the covered components of the unit. This is the exclusive remedy for consequential or incidental damages.
- Upon pre-approval, Showerbuddy may provide exchange services for Warranty returns. Under this program, a refurbished Showerbuddy unit may be shipped after the return of the defective unit. The exchange unit may contain used parts that meet Showerbuddy quality standards. This program is provided at the sole discretion of Showerbuddy. The original warranty term will not be extended due to such a unit exchange and a return unit will become the property of Showerbuddy.
For all USA & Canada Warranties
Register online here or you can fax or email it to us.
12405 Montague St.
Pacoima, CA 91331 USA
Phone: (877) 7MY-BUDDY (769-2833)
Fax: (888) 312-3645
Warranties for all Other Countries
Register online here or you can fax or email it to us at:
Showerbuddy Global Limited
PO Box 494
Phone: (+64) 21 449-806